Saturday, October 1, 2016

Blog Bidness: Time and Wi-Fi

Hi there, weary traveler of the internet and dedicated reader of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You! How are you doing? Are you taking all your meds? Is the purple gopher with the top hat and cane still following you? Good! Good!


Dave-El here and what I'm doing right now is a form of writing called "beat the keyboard until something comes out in the form of words".


As I noted in Tuesday's blog, my computer decided that I was spending way too much time on the internet reading about comics, writing about Doctor Who and keeping up with the lifestyle choices of Zooey Deschanel over on Hello Giggles.com.


You have to respect an internet site that has the word "giggles" in the name and is not a sex fetish website for ticklish clowns.


Anyway, my computer decided not to connect to the Wi-Fi so professionally provided by the fine folks at AT&T (free plug!) that fills the ether in and about my Fortress of Ineptitude. OK, that was Tuesday and I haven't fixed that.


I've been busy.


Besides, I can just carve out some time at work to finish off that Garrison Keillor post I promised for today. But no, twas not to be. Just to give you an idea of how busy, the hamburger I brought back to my desk at 1:30 PM Friday did not get consumed until 3:00 PM.


I've been super busy.


Which is good. I like being busy at work. The busier the better. But this level of busy precludes any use of company assets for more than a quick stream of consciousness ramble like what I'm doing right now.


Tomorrow, the Doctor Who post is locked and loaded. Episode One of my new fan fiction, Cybermania, is coming your way. And the previously promised post about meeting Garrison Keillor should be up and running on Monday unless Donald Trump finds a new low in stupid and I just have to write about that.


Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

All Things Must Pass

Hi there. Today is post # 1,600 to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. I'm not sure I should count all of them since some were ...