Monday, October 5, 2015

Oh Water World

Hi there! I'm Dave-El and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a blog type thing that has washed up on your internet shore.

Well, it's been raining here at the Fortress of Ineptitude

A lot. 

A hell of a lot. It's been raining a hell of a lot every day. A combination of a weather system from the west, Joaquin 
Phoenix from the east and, I don't know, Lex Luthor's weather control satellite of doom has conspired to dump a lot of rain over the east coast these past several days. Here in North Carolina, we've seen more than our fair share of it and we're not used to it. I mean, we're not Seattle, for crying out loud. 

Me, I like a good old rainy day. Any excuse to not be outside is fine by me. I love being inside with a favorite book or a stack of comic books or a favorite movie while the rain falls outside. 

Hell, I'm even motivated to do things around the house more when its raining. This weekend saw a major accomplishment in getting the Fortress more organized. Eventually it will look like a proper Fortress that I may invite humans to visit. 

In addition to the rain, there has also been a lot of wind which means there have been trees uprooted from the extremely soggy ground. I'm not sure what to do if that happened to the trees in my front yard. Maybe my insurance company, Weneverpay Home Insurance, would provide some guidance in that area. 

As much as I enjoy a nice rainy day or three, even I, recluse that I am, would like to see the sun a bit now.  

Of course, the cruel irony is that there are areas of the world still in the grip of relentless drought. It does seem the weather brings feast or famine to different parts of the planet. It's a shame we can't siphon off at least a little bit of rain to help other places that need a little help.  

That's all I have for now. If this didn't seem like a very engaging post, blame it on the rain. Right now, the rain drops hitting the roof of the Fortress of Ineptitude is making it very hard to stop yawning. I think I will go lie down now. 

Everyone, be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Ncuti Gatwa Explains Doctor Who

Well, we're getting closer now.  Next Friday on Disney+, we're going to get not one but TWO all new episodes of Doctor Who . Your Fr...