Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Snow Big Thing?

Well, Sunday was weird. 

Snow began to fall around the ol' Fortress of Ineptitude here in central North Carolina at a rate that folks 'round these parts just ain't used to. 

Hereabouts, someone sees a snow flake and it's...

OH MY GOD! 
OH MY GOD! 
OH MY GOD! 
OH MY GOD! 
SNOW'S A COMIN'!!
SNOW'S A COMIN'!!
SNOW'S A COMIN'!!
SNOW'S A COMIN'!!
ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

So imagine what it's like to have a foot of snow dropped on this area! 

My first steps outside late Sunday afternoon to try to clear out  some snow from the front steps and the walkway to the driveway shocked me when snow went up to my knees. 

Here's a collage of pics from around the area. 


I cleared out a bit of a path to the 2nd car in the driveway enough to not have to slog through knee deep snow lest we had to beat a hasty retreat due to illness or power outage. 

Otherwise, I wasn't planning to go anywhere. 

Monday, my job was still open for business. So I had to brave the snow and ice slicked roadways? Nope, I get to WORK FROM HOME! 

I don't like to work from home. Work is where I go to get away from home. Home is where I go to sleep. HOME and WORK shouldn't mix like that. It's matter in the anti-matter, for sure, cap'n.  

Sometime Monday afternoon, the sun came out a bit with some blue sky peeking between the clouds. I ventured back outside to make some improvements to the path to the car and then I opted to see if I could in fact extricate the car from the driveway.

It did not go easily. 

After several efforts at various maneuvers, i was able to wiggle and finesse one of my cars out of the driveway.  The street in front of the Fortress of Ineptitude was still in bad shape and traversing it was problematic. But one I got to the nearest adjoining main road, I found travelling a bit easier. 

I plan to go to WORK at WORK on Tuesday although I plan to not head out too soon. Overnight lows are still below freezing and there's still too much snow and ice to refreeze.  

Still, at some point, I plan to take my chances. I've had too much of home and I don't look forward to having to do more work in it. I wanna do WORK at WORK.

Be safe and be good to one another.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: My Dinner With Andre

Well, it's been a wild ride on Cinema Saturday for the month of April.   We started off with a nuclear submarine on a mission to stop a ...