Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Pool Time

So Andrea and I spent some time at a local pool Sunday.

It is a matter of some small import that it got us out of the Fortress of Ineptitude for a Sunday afternoon. 

And kept me away from my Sunday afternoon nap.

Not to be confused with my beloved Saturday afternoon nap. 

Anyway, we went to the pool for the first time since 2019.

The pandemic put the kibosh on such things in 2020.

And despite being pumped full of every vaccine possible against COVID, Andrea was scared to go to the pool in 2021 and 2022. 

She decided this year, she would chance it. 

So far we don't have COVID.

We are still a bit achy 3 days out from our excursion. 

Andrea and I are not people who cope well with prolong exposure to the sun.

Andrea loads herself down with so much sun screen, she looks Cesar Romero as the Joker. And she still gets sunburned. 

It was a good day for relaxing in the pool. We went to a pool at a place called Bur-Mil Park which is a nice cosy facility with too many damn kids but we managed to avoid them mostly. 

In addition to our first time in a pool since 2019, it was our first time in a pool without our daughter Randie. Which was in the year 2000. 

Technically, Randie was there. Andrea was pregnant with her at the time.  

Anyway, not much to report really. Andrea and I went to the pool.

I bobbed contentedly in the cool water dappling in the warm summer sun.

I can't swim.

I merely bob. 

Which begins with "B" and that rhymes with "P" and that stands for pool.

Which is a stupid way to end a blog post.

But it's my blog so I can end how I want.


A scene from the Bur-Mil Park pool



No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...