Tuesday, February 25, 2014

NEW GIRL by Jack Kirby#6


Hello there! 

I'm Dave-El and this is my blog! I call it I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You because simply calling it The Blog seemed a bit too trendy.

Before I get on to whatever thing it is we're going to do today (and you've seen the title and saw the graphics so yeah, it's THAT thing), a bit of blog business. 

Yesterday was the first day I haven't posted something, anything to this fershlugginer blog since December 30th. Yep, from December 31st to February 23rd, there has been something on blog everyday. That's because I have made a commitment to my readers to my delusions. 

But I am back today and this is what I choose to come back with. 

New Girl by Jack Kirby#6.

Sigh. 

OK, you know the deal: I mash up a photo (badly) of Zooey Deschanel (not necessarily from her hit FOX sitcom, New Girl) to the cover of Jack Kirby's groundbreaking series for DC Comics, New Gods.  

So here you go! 

































This time I've managed to cover up a lot less of Kirby's powerful art that before.  As you can see from the un-Deschanelized cover below, I placed a pic of Zooey in place of a weird, creepy mummified person.  



Below is the un-Kirbynated beauty of Zooey Deschanel from a showing of the movie Yes Man in which she co-starred with Jim Carrey



Let me provide the following disclaimers.

To the estate of Jack Kirby: Kirby was awesome! He was indeed the King! I value and appreciate his contributions to this art form we call comic books! None of this is meant as any disrespect to his legend. 

To the attorneys representing Zooey Deschanel: Nothing I've done here violates the terms of the restraining order.

Thank you! 

________________________________

So whazzup for future posts here at I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You? Well, thanks for asking, person inside my head.

Wednesday: The return of DC Comics and Me as I look at my first Batman comics. 

Thursday: Another installment of The Adventures of Knock-Knock the Interrupting Cow. This is a Very Special Episode, part one of an epic two parter! Squeee!

Friday: A new Broken News! Snarky comments on headlines! Snarky comments on photos! Just snark, snark, snark! 

Saturday: This is Doctor Who Saturday and this week I present an allegedly humorous piece: The TARDIS has something to say! 

Sunday: In lieu of the usual This (Non) Sporting Life, I mark the occassion of this blog's ONE YEAR Anniversary. If you've seen this blog's 100th, 200th and 300th posts, then don't hold that against me. But yeah, I'll probably do something that stupid for the 1 year mark. 

So thanks for dropping by and remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready To Launch

  Andrea and I ventured forth from the Fortress of Ineptitude last week to attend the graduation of our son Dean. Dean had selected for thei...