Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Sparkles" and Other Stripper Names


Hi there! I'm Dave-El and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, the blog with the x-ray eyes! 

Today is one of those "find some stuff from Twitter and make it into a blog post" things. And the Twitter source for today's post are Tweets I made in response to trending topic a week ago.

 

Now, I don't know who "Sparkles" is but I'm really think that's a pretty gosh darn nice name for a stripper. I imagine she's a bit on the tall side but not intimidatingly so.  She has lovely auburn hair that glistens like day dreams on a lake of wonder under the pulsating lights of the strip club.  She has a smile that makes the coldest heart feel the warmth of love. She...

Ahem! Not that I've given this any thought. 

What the hell! Let's see if I can come up with a better name for a stripper than "Sparkles". 
  1. Nipsey Russell

  2. Flower Bush
  3. Doctor Who-Ha

Ok, there you go. Well, they may not be better than "Sparkles" but I can say this much with confidence: there are ten of them. 

I guess I should come up with some kind of graphic in keeping with today's theme. 

How about this?




That's Heather Locklear from an episode of TJ Hooker where her character went undercover (more or less) in a "gentlemen's club". You may be wondering why I happen to have a photo of Heather Locklear from TJ Hooker on hand to post to my blog. Well, that is a very good question.

...

OK, thanks for stopping by. What's coming up on the blog?

Wednesday: DC Comics and Me#3 as I look at my Superman years. 

Thursday: The Adventures of Knock-Kock, the Interrupting Cow#6

Friday: an ALL NEW installment of Broken News (with pictures this time!)

Saturday: the start of a NEW Doctor Who story, All Roads Lead to Trenzalore

Sunday: another installment of This (Non) Sporting Life

Until then, be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: Woman Haters - The Debut of the Three Stooges

Today's Cinema Sunday post is about a short film that began a big impact on American pop culture.   Debuting on May 5, 1934, exactly 90 ...