Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Women of Winter

Hi there! Dave-El here and I've reached a very late hour after a very long day so I will pass on pontificating on things I don't know about in an almost semi-humorous fashion. 

Just a few quick things about the Winter Olympics and some of the women athletes there.


SPEED SKATER FORGETS SHE'S NAKED

Russian speed skater Olga Graf gave the world a show with her skills on the ice as she took the Bronze medal in her event. Then she gave the world a show as she was coming off the ice. It may be cold outside but it's pretty damn hot inside those speed skating suits. So Olga, after working up a sweat during her event, decided she needed to cool off but forgetting she was "going commando". Well, it's all good and as one online poster put it, "you see more skin on the red carpet in Hollywood." 

____________________________



THERE ARE WOMEN HOCKEY PLAYERS?!?!

It's TRUE! Thought you should know.

____________________________



WOMEN ARE THE EQUAL OF MEN AT PUTTING US TO SLEEP DURING OVERNIGHT OLYMPIC COVERAGE


Far be it from me, lacking in sports skill that I am, should make fun of any sport, even one that involves using a broom to sweep the ice. But I will give you this helpful hint: if you're up at 3:00 AM during the Winter Olympics, chances are NBC is showing some damn curling event or another and you will be in a drooling comatose state in no time.

By and by, if you must know (I mean, MUST KNOW!) what the hell curling is, click on this handy dandy Wikipeadia link for a lot more information on the topic.

____________________________

Finally, this photo is NOT from the Sochi Winter Olympics. I posted this in yesterdayt's blog.




And why am I posting it for a 2nd day in a row?

Because I can!


____________________________
And that's it for today's post.  So what's coming up on the blog for the rest of the week?

Wednesday: DC Comics and Me #4 Superman comes to Earth and walks off without me.

Thursday: The Adventures of Knock-Knock, the Interrupting Cow#7

Friday: An ALL NEW installment of bROkEN nEWs!

Saturday: Part 2 of my new Doctor Who fan fiction, All Roads Lead to Trenzalore.

Sunday: This (Non) Sporting Life#7 as we take stock of the 2014 Winter Olympics so far and decide that no, I do not give a damn. 

And more stuff of the weird and wacky variety coming up on I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.

Until next time, be good to one another





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: Woman Haters - The Debut of the Three Stooges

Today's Cinema Sunday post is about a short film that began a big impact on American pop culture.   Debuting on May 5, 1934, exactly 90 ...