Friday, January 15, 2021

A Farewell To Wisdom

Well, today is going to be an interesting day here at the ol' Fortress of Ineptitude. 

My daughter Randie is having her wisdom removed.

Well, she's 20 years old. It's not like she was using it anyway. 

<rimshot!>

Hold on. I believe I made an error. Let me check my notes.

<Ahem!>

Let's start over. 

Well, today is going to be an interesting day here at the ol' Fortress of Ineptitude. 

My daughter Randie is having her wisdom teeth removed.

Well, that's different. 

Randie's a bit worried but I've assured her she's going to be fine. 


Mostly.

I will be there to offer my support, my love and to record on video any post anesthesia loopiness.  

I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 30 years ago. I had a girlfriend at the time who for some reason or another was not available to bring me home after the surgery. I was forced to rely on the assistance of an ex-girlfriend. 

It was not the girlfriend before the current girlfriend. It was the girlfriend before the girlfriend who came before the current girlfriend. 

I could say I was quite the horn dog back in the day but this blog is no place for me to tell lies like that. 

I was just incapable of sustaining a long term relationship. 

Oddly enough I don't remember this being that awkward. 

I think it was because post surgery, I was too zonked out to care. This was before cell phone cameras so there is no record on video of my post anesthesia loopiness. 

OK, this is supposed to be about Randie having her wisdom teeth out. 

I hope the procedure goes smoothly and that Randie recovers quickly with very little pain. And with all the love in my heart, I hope we get some really good video of her post anesthesia loopiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...