Saturday, January 9, 2021

Songs For Saturday: Sarah McLachlan, Fleetwood Mac and the Pretenders

 



Hi there! Welcome to my weekly forum where I share my love of music by sharing songs that I like.

First up this week is Sarah McLachlan. Sarah's music tends to be associated with sad songs played over sad images of sad puppies in public service ads for mistreated dogs. 

Today's song from Sarah McLachlan is a song with a faster tempo, a solid percussive beat and a killer guitar feedback hook. Here is "Sweet Surrender".


Our next tune for today's post comes from Fleetwood Mac in 1987. This song is fairly simple musically and lyrically but what really sells this song for me is the lush production values with overlaid harmonies. Here is "Everywhere". 


Rounding out the playlist for today's Songs For Saturday is a track from the Pretenders. Fun and jaunty are not terms I associate with Chrissie Hynde but it fits for this song, one of my favorites by the Pretenders. Here is "Don't Get Me Wrong". 



And that is that for today's Songs For Saturday. Thanks for dropping by. Remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...