Saturday, May 14, 2022

Songs For Saturday: They Might Be Giants

 


Welcome to Songs For Saturday, my weekly for sharing music that I like.

I don't typically take requests because I typically don't get any. In fact, according my blog stats, Songs For Saturday is my least favorite feature on this blog.

But recently, my daughter Randie made a suggestion for a theme and here it is.

Songs by They Might Be Giant.  That are NOT from Flood.

OK, not that's a trick.

From that 1990 platinum album alone, you get such awesome classics as 

  • "Birdhouse in Your Soul"
  • "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" 
  • "Dead"
  • "Your Racist Friend"
  • "Particle Man"
  • "Someone Keeps Moving My Chair"
  • "Hearing Aid"
  • "Minimum Wage"
  • "Whistling in the Dark"
  • "Hot Cha"

This post will have NONE of those. 

Let's start with "Don't Let's Start".   


Next up is a quirky little number I recently discovered called "Absolutely Bill's Mood" and I am intrigued about how and where it was recorded.   While the band was recording in Dubway Studios in New York City,  Eugene Chadbourne performed his acoustic solo over the telephone from his home right here in Greensboro, NC where I live.  

That's kind of cool. 



Wrapping up things is They Might Be Giants and their live cover of "Tubthumbing" by Chumbawumba.   

   

And that is that is for this week's Songs For Saturday.

Until next time:

  • remember to be good to one another
  • to always keep the music alive
  • they might not be giants 
  • but then again they might. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...