Friday, September 8, 2017

All Things Must Pass

Hi there.


Today is post # 1,600 to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.


I'm not sure I should count all of them since some were "encore posts" from previous posts.  Just this past weekend, I posted TWO separate encore posts.


Which brings me to the topic of today's post.  











What the what?!?


The end of  I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You?!?


Really?!?


Yes, really.


So....


What gives?


2017 has been a tough year. My mother died, I had a stroke, I had a fall that shattered my elbow followed by two surgeries and ongoing physical therapy. And I had kidney stones.


And depression. That's been a renewed battle this year.


And sleep. It is very obvious I have some kind of sleep disorder. I spend a lot of my days fighting an overwhelming urge to sleep. I've got  sleep study coming up[ in a week or so that will hopefully get to the bottom of that. 


This sort of thing can really mess with your mind, particularly the part of the mind that's supposed to string words together in something resembling a coherent fashion.  


That's been harder to do lately.


During Doctor Who Series 10, it took me a week to struggle through an episode write up. I used to be able to do that within a mere handful of hour after an episode aired. I love Doctor Who. I love writing about Doctor Who. And those posts were less a labor of love and more just labor.  


I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You was supposed to be a fun forum for me to express myself on whatever damn thing popped into my head.


Sorry but this forum has become less fun.


Is I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You done forever? You know the saying, "never say 'never'." But I am not looking at this blog being done "for now". I'm looking at it as being done.


If I can get my act together, there is a fan fiction I want to write for the 12th Doctor. I may launch a Doctor Who centric blog or something. 


We'll see about that. 


But today, this is my farewell to blogging.


This is my farewell to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.


But always remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...