Wednesday, October 6, 2021

If It's Our Anniversary, It Must Be Olive Garden

This past Saturday was October 2nd , marking the 27th anniversary of Andrea and I being married.  

The standard go-to joke is "it seems longer" which is kind of  a burn (Ha! Ha!) but it's not exactly meant as an insult.

I seriously have trouble remembering how I lived life before I was married. I sucked so bad at being single that I guess I've repressed that part of my life. 

Anyway, to celebrate, we went out to dinner. 

Which meant Olive Garden.

I know there are previous posts out there where I have pontificated on the subject of America's favorite chain Italian-ish restaurant. 

Is it really our best option for Italian food or as a romantic dining destination for a couple celebrating their anniversary? Probably not. 

But is it our worst option for Italian food or as a romantic dining destination for a couple celebrating their anniversary? Again,  probably not. 

Anyway, Andrea likes Olive Garden and that's all that really matters to me.  

Our waitress was named Cheryl who was kind, courteous and competent, making for a pleasant experience. Cheryl comped our dessert of pumpkin cheesecake which was delish! 


We were seated in a booth that was far enough away from the youth league soccer team that had descended on this particular Olive Garden on this particular Saturday evening. 

I changed up my wine order. I usually order a glass of pinot noir. But an episode of Kevin Can F**K Himself where Kevin forces Allison to have pinot noir made me realize I was being a pretentious prick. Andrea's favorite wine is Sweet Red Roscatta and so I decided to order a glass too. 

It was better than the pinot noir. 

One more reason why Kevin Can F**K Himself.  

Before going out to dinner, Andrea and I spent the afternoon in bed.

Sleeping. 

Oh, it was such a very good nap. 

_______________________

Elsewhere and other when....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...