Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Ted Cruz Is A Lying Fuck Bastard: Bury Your Gay Marriages

Well, this weekend, Ted Cruz was blubbering away on his podcast when he weighed in on the 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges that legalized same-sex marriage across the country. 

Cruz described the decision as “clearly wrong”.  

I think it is important here to remind everyone of the official position of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You when it comes to Ted Cruz:

TED CRUZ IS A LYING FUCK BASTARD!!!!

Can I get an "amen", my children?

AMEN!!!!

Bless you, my children. 

Here is more of what the bastard that doeth lie in thoust fuck:

“Obergefell, like Roe v. Wade, ignored two centuries of our nation’s history. Marriage was always an issue that was left to the states.  In Obergefell, the court said no, we know better than you guys do, and now every state must sanction and permit gay marriage. I think that decision was clearly wrong when it was decided. It was the court overreaching.”

After the Supreme Court's ruling on abortion rights in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization overturning Roe V. Wade, it was pretty much a given that the Republicans would be itching to overturn previous decisions they didn't like.  

Cruz's whiny diatribe centers around Obergefell ignoring two centuries of our nation’s history.  The way things were is the way things should always be. 

There was a time within two centuries of our nation’s history where women did not have the right to vote. Would Ted Cruz have us reverse this gain because that's just not how we did it before? 

There was a time within two centuries of our nation’s history where African Americans were held in chains as slaves. Cruz talks of leaving things up to the states but there were states that wanted to keep their slaves.  

There was a time within two centuries of our nation’s history where African Americans once freed from slavery were treated as second class citizens. Their access to jobs, housing, education, medical care and the unimpeded right to vote should not matter according to what state they happen to live in. 

And this applies to women and to LGBTQ+ community as well. Why should any American's pursuit of life, liberty and happiness be dependent on their geographic location in the United States?

Does the American ideal that "all men are created equal" only applies in certain states? 

The whole idea of leaving things to the states is the first and worst resort of the scoundrel seeking to limit or deny rights to Americans who are not like them.  

Let's close out this post by reciting once more the most sacred credo of  I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, be sure to include the Ted Cruz salute, holding out your fist and extending the middle finger. 

And repeated after me!

TED CRUZ IS A LYING FUCK BASTARD!!!!

Halle-fucking-lujah, my children!  

HALLE=FUCKING-LUJAH!!!!

Bless you, my children. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...