Monday, July 29, 2019

A Misadventure In Fast Food

Saturday marked a misadventure in fast food. 

My daughter Randie and I opted to swing by Sheetz to grab some lunch to bring back to the Fortress of Ineptitude. 

In case you're not familiar with Sheetz, it is a chain of convenience stores located in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, and eastern and north-central North Carolina. 

Sheetz has a Made To Order (MTO) food service with a variety of burgers, sandwiches, sides, coffee drinks, shakes and more. It is a pretty good selection of food that beats the average fast food joint.  

Our order included my usual, a pair of hot dogs with chili and mustard. I am simple man with simple tastes and a fanatical devotion to routine. I will sometimes go into a Sheetz with a conviction that by God, I will order something different and I wind up ordering a pair of hot dogs with chili and mustard.

When Randie and I returned home to the Fortress, I noticed the foil package ostensibly containing my hot dogs felt a bit soft. As I unwrapped the foil, I discovered that I may have ordered a pair of hot dogs with chili and mustard but I did not get a pair of hot dogs with chili and mustard.

Well, not quite. 

Inside the hot dog buns were chili and mustard but no actual hot dogs. I received two hot dog-less hot dogs. 

Randie has ordered a hot dog. Her hot dog had a hot dog in it. 

So we ventured back off to Sheetz. 

The staff there was very apologetic and gracious in getting me a fresh a pair of hot dogs with chili and mustard... and actual hot dogs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trump's Immunity Syndrome

 So last week the Supreme Court took up arguments from Donald Trump's legal team that Trump is due total immunity from prosecution for a...