Saturday, July 23, 2022

Songs For Saturday: Dum Dum Girls


Today's Songs For Saturday spotlights one of my favorite girl bands, the Dum Dum Girls.   I just discovered their music a little more than a year ago.

Dum Dum Girls started  in 2008 as a bedroom recording project of singer and songwriter Dee Dee, AKA Kristin Gundred.

Leading off today's play list is "Rimbaud Eyes".  


With "Rimbaud Eyes",  Dee Dee references the decadent French poet Arthur Rimbaud (1854-91) known for his transgressive and surreal themes and for his influence on modern literature and arts, prefiguring surrealism. 

And no, I have no idea what any of that means.   

Coming up next is "Too True To Be Good". 


The name Dum Dum Girls is an homage to the Vaselines' album Dum Dum as well as the Iggy Pop song "Dum Dum Boys".

Wrapping up today's playlist is the first Dum Dum Girl's song I ever heard, "Bedroom Eyes". 


Dee Dee brought the Dum Dum Girls to an end in January 2016 in favor of other projects.   

And that is that for today's Songs For Saturday.

Coming up next week, it's the last Songs For Saturday.

Alas, as they say, all good things...

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...