Monday, May 8, 2023

Free Comic Book Day 2023


This past Saturday was Free Comic Book Day.  I was there at Acme Comics at approximately 11:30 AM and there was a line. It took just under an hour to get through to the promised land of the front doors of the shop. 

Kudos to the staff at Acme Comics for running a smooth and enjoyable FCBD event.  

It was my first FCBD in many years without my daughter accompanying me. Still, the kind folks at Acme graciously let me have two bags of freebies, 1 for me and 1 for Randie. 

Man, they were heavy. As I write this and probably as you read this, I haven't read all my free books. 

On top of that, there were books I paid for including a collection of the first issues of Mark Waid's World's Finest: Batman & Superman series.  Acme's owner/manager Jermaine was living up to his sobriquet of "Lord Retail" as he placed the volume in my hands and said "You NEED to read this!" 

I trust Jermaine. Lord Retail knows his stuff.  

He was buzzing around the store helping people find stuff, including some people who may not be frequent visitors to a comic book shop.   

While my daughter couldn't be there at Acme for FCBD, Randie and our granddaughter Rosie did arrive late Saturday night to visit us for a few days. 

It's been about 4+ month since their last visit but Rosie seemed to recognize her old home, immediately staking out her place in her chair.  

There's probably some shit going on in the world I should comment on but not today.

I'm writing this post with the good feeling of a having a good time with this year's Free Comic Book Day at Acme Comics and the joy that all four of us is together for a little while as a family again. 

Until next time, be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...