Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Why Are The Wrong People Dying?

 As I mentioned in yesterday's Tuesday TV Touchbase post, Bob Saget died on Sunday at the age of 65. 

My wife Andrea was a big fan of Bob Saget from his roles as the star of Full House and the host of America's Funniest Home Videos. It would be fair to say Andrea had a crush on Bob.

On why Andrea was crying at our wedding, my explanation was she was heartbroken it was me up there waiting for her and not Bob Saget.

Our daughter Randie met Bob Saget as family patriarch Danny Tanner via Full House reruns on Nick@Nite.  And Randie and I  encountered Bob as the sardonic narrator of How I Met Your Mother.

From his work on Full House and AFHV, Bob had a rep for being associated with family friendly work. But Bob was notorious for working blue in his stand up work. 

Below is a clip of Bob with Conan O'Brien with a story from the Full House set about a donkey's penis.



Just a damn reminder we've lost too many good and funny people lately, click here for Bob Saget discussing his feelings about the passing of Norm McDonald.

Bob Saget, Norm McDonald, Betty White. Too many good people dying, people with talent, people loved and respected by a wide circle of friends, their peers in the industry and by fans across the county and around the world.

And on top of that so many others who have passed away recently such as actor Sidney Poitier and director Peter Bogdanovich. 

I just recently saw Portier's 1992 film Sneakers which co-starred Robert Redford. 

I've never seen any of Peter's movies such as The Last Picture Show, What's Up, Doc? and Paper Moon but I did see his documentary Directed by John Ford when I was in college.  

All these people and more, people with considerable talents and with the love and respect of those around them and I have to ask...

Why are the wrong people dying?

Far be it for me to list here who would be the right people to die. Yes, I have some definitive ideas about who should stop sucking up precious air but...

As much I might judge certain unethical people of being unworthy of life, I never wish death on anyone. 

But those who are dying...

It seems wrong to me that they should be taken from us when so many others who are not good at what they do and are not beloved should continue. 

I do not think I will ever make sense of it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...