Saturday, December 30, 2023

Songs For Saturday: The Finale - Rachael Price and 10,000 Maniacs with Clannad, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova


 And today is the day, the last installment of Songs For Saturday.


Yeah, I stopped Songs For Saturday once before only to bring it back 2 months later.

But I mean it this time.

Kicking off our last playlist, here is Rachael Price with her cover of  Blind Faith's "Can't Find My Way Home".  



Next up is a favorite song of mine that I don't think I've ever posted to a Songs For Saturday. 

From the movie Once, here are Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova  with "Falling Slowly". 



Here's another song that is a long time favorite of mine that for some reason or another I don't believe I've ever shared on this forum. From Clannad, here is a haunting and somber melody called "The Theme to Harry's Game".


We'll finish off this post with a song that has made a lot of appearances on Songs For Saturday, "More Than This". Originally performed by Roxy Music, this is a live cover by 10,000 Maniacs.  


And that is a wrap on Songs For Saturday. 

Music is still very important to me and perhaps I will launch some new semi-regular feature on the blog to share my favorite music. 

But the weekly forum known as Songs For Saturday is at an end.

Next week, the blog will present not one but two weekend posts about movies with the beginning of Cinema Saturday joining up with Cinema Sunday.

Always remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...