Thursday, March 14, 2024

Frog Alert

 Last week here at the Fortress of Ineptitude, I received a Frog Alert from my bank.


Excuse me, I meant FRAUD alert.

It seems someone who was not me or anyone in my family tried to buy some damn thing or another that didn't seem to my bank to be me or anyone in my family.  

My bank sent me an alert via text: Are you or anyone in your family trying to buy this damn thing? 

I texted back NO and they said they were putting a stop to that. Then they called me and said they needed to shut down that account and would set me up with another.  

Well, that's going to be inconvenient as hell as my son Dean uses that account for his (hopefully soon to end) college stuff. (We love you, son!)  But apparently the bank's intervention had saved them and me a crap ton of money. 

It makes me wonder what exactly alerts my bank that a potential purchase might not be me.

It seems that Dave-El is purchasing something that is fun, interesting and expensive. Well, that doesn't sound like the Dave-El we know! 

Credit is given to where credit is due so kudos to my bank (which is a large soulless behemoth that we're supposed to hate) for protecting me and being on the alert for frog.


FRAUD! I meant fraud! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...