Friday, August 21, 2026

Your Friday Video Link: Feeling Groovy


Hello young folk!

What you're shakin'?

I gotta try that scene you're makin'!

This is Dave-El and I am here to show you that I am down with the young people.

I get where you're comin' from, dudes and dudettes!

Your Friday Video Link#1 is... whatever this is.



FUN FACT: Did you know Liberace was gay?

My mom did not know that. 

A lot of mothers and grandmothers were oblivious to this fact.

A lot of them entertained the notion of their daughters marrying a good honest red blooded American man like LIberace. 

Up next for Your Friday Video Link#2,it's... this thing.


FUN FACT:  "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins", released in 1967, appeared on Leonard Nimoy's SECOND album. Yep, Mr. Nimoy put out more than one album.

The same guy who (checks notes) "sung" that song about The Hobbit recorded FIVE albums. 

  • Leonard Nimoy Presents Mr. Spock's Music from Outer Space (1967)
  • Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy (1968)
  • The Way I Feel (1968)
  • The Touch of Leonard Nimoy (1969)
  • The New World of Leonard Nimoy (1970)

I'm kind of curious about that 4th one. What does it mean to experience "the touch of Leonard Nimoy"? 

Your mind to my mind.

Your thoughts to my thoughts.

Anybody else feeling... tingly? 

OK, this is getting kinda weird, guys!  

Your Friday Video Link#3 is.... some other 3rd thing.  


FUN FACT:  In addition to Petula Clark's 1966 hit "Sign Of the Times", Harry Styles, Prince, The Belle Stars, Slade, Bryan Ferrry and Queensrÿche have all released different songs with that title.  

ANOTHER FUN FACT: Petula Clark, born November 1932, is as of today still alive and still active at 94 years old.   

I hope you've enjoyed today's post. 

I think we've had a laugh or two, experienced a little joy in our hearts and maybe even learned a little something today.

The 1960's were fucking weird, man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Feeling Groovy

Hello young folk! What you're shakin'? I gotta try that scene you're makin'! This is Dave-El and I am here to show you that ...