Saturday, May 29, 2021

Songs for Saturday: Blues Traveller, Smashing Pumpkins and Stone Temple Pilots

 


Welcome to another edition of Songs For Saturday where each week I post a play list of songs I like.

Some weeks there's a theme or a spotlight on specific artist.

Or there are weeks like this one when I just throw some songs at the walls of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You to see what sticks.

This is one of those weeks.

Leading off today's play list is perhaps my favorite song by Blues Traveller, a fast pace number with clever word play called "Hook".



Next up is the Smashing Pumpkins. While I admire Billy Corgan's musical compositions, I really have trouble with the nasal quality of his singing voice.  But even with that particular reservation, "1979" is perhaps my favorite song by the Smashing Pumpkins.  



Next up is the Stone Temple Pilots, a group with a sadly tragic back story with the death of lead singer Scott Weilland who was unable to hold back the self destructive nature of his inner demons.

The last song on today's play list is my favorite song by STP, "Big Bang Baby".  




I've got more music from the Stone Temple Pilots I want to share in next week's Songs For Saturday.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready To Launch

  Andrea and I ventured forth from the Fortress of Ineptitude last week to attend the graduation of our son Dean. Dean had selected for thei...