Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A Winter's Tale: The Aftermath

 As I wrote in last week's post, "we're looking at another winter weather system moving in this weekend that, as I write this, is expected to produce some mild flurries or will bury our corpses until the spring thaw."

Well, winter weather did hit us this past weekend and here is a look at it outside our front door at the Fortress of Ineptitude. 



We got about 4 inches of snow early Sunday morning followed by a continual glaze of sleet and ice to hold that snow in place. 

And a lot of wind though nowhere near as forceful as we endured a few weeks back.  

Three hours to our east, daughter Randie dealt with brutal cold temperatures but no snow, just freezing rain.  

Here at the Fortress,  we had more than sufficient supplies of food to sustain Andrea and I here at the Fortress and also the power stayed on so that was most fortunate as well.

Also always the case when I'm snowed in, even with sufficient amounts and diversity of things to eat, I had an incredible craving for a double pound cheeseburger from McDonald's.  

Working from home means no longer having the luxury of a snow day. Hazardous driving conditions don't mean squat when you don't have to drive to your job.  

I did have Monday off but that was due to it being MLK Day. My wife's job does not take time off for MLK Day.   

I spent my day off watching The Librarians and some Gilmore Girls (alas, no Law & Order) and reading one of the books that Andrea got me for Christmas. (The Stan Lee biography called True Believer of which there will be a blog post about sometime in the future.) 

Tuesday saw all our snow still frozen under an icy glaze but it was time for me to get back to work. With 2 hours of overtime no less.)  

With temperatures not expected to get much above freezing for the rest of this week,  our snow frozen under an icy glaze isn't going away for awhile.  

Which is a damn shame. 

'Cause I'm ready to kill for a double pound cheeseburger from McDonald's.

And I'm so glad my suffering amuses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Ghosts

  Ghosts wrapped up it's 3rd season last week. In a strike shortened season with only 10 episodes, a lot of ground still got covered.  ...