Thursday, January 13, 2022

A Winter's Tale

 In my blog post from Thursday, December 30, 2021, I commiserated on the decided lack of chill in air the calendar deemed as winter.   

"Baby", it is NOT cold outside!! 

It is in fact quite warm outside!!!

I had to turn the air system here at the Fortress of Ineptitude from heat to AC! 

But it's December!!! 

FOOLISH MORTAL!!! THE CALENDAR DECEIVES YOU!!!!!

Well, in the last few weeks, it has been cold outside. 

Within four days of that post, we experienced snow here at the Fortress of Ineptitude. 

What was really remarkable about the storm system that brought in that snow was the wind, nearly hurricane force winds that knocked the shingles off somebody's house. 

The guy who put on our new roof about 2 years ago came out to check and the shingles littering the ground were not ours. 

Before the "snowicane" hit, weather forecasters said the ground was too warm for snow to stick.

It stuck.

That's winter weather forecasting here in the middle of North Carolina.


Well, we're looking at another winter weather system moving in this weekend that, as I write this, is expected to produce some mild flurries or will bury our corpses until the spring thaw. 

Whichever way it goes, people are dealing with this latest prediction of snowy weather with the calm rational approach we're known for here in central North Carolina when it comes to snow.   



I really have no idea what's going to happen. 

I know it won't get me out of work. 

Oh no! The snow is too deep and the roads are too icy!! 

Oh fuck! I work from home now! 

Anyway, winter is actually here with weather matching the days on the calendar.

It's very cold now.



Stay warm and be good to one another.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...