Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Stuff 'N' Junk

The first few days of the week weren't that great as I endured my annual spring allergy cold. Somewhere between the first of April and the end of May, I will get sick bad enough to miss work. 

There's no good time to get a cold but at least I had a lot to read with my bounty of Free Comic Book Day goodies and other books I had bought. So I had that going for me. There is nothing more relaxing than to kick back with a hot cup of tea and a stack of comic  books. 

So what's going on in the world while I've been hunkered down in my time of illness here in the Fortress of Ineptitude?

There seems to be controversy surrounding the Kentucky Derby with the first horse across the finish line disqualified and the 2nd place horse declared the winner. My knowledge of horses and horse racing is limited to whatever remnants of information that may persist in the corners of my mind from reading The Black Stallion books when I was a kid. So I'm not going to pretend to understand what happened. But our Moron In Chief, Donald Trump, blames the whole mess on "political correctness".  I have NO idea what the hell that's supposed to mean. Was the 1st horse white and the 2nd horse black or something? 

But who cares what dumbass thing Donald Trump said when we've got so much bigger stuff to worry about. It seems that on Game Of Thrones this weekend, a Starbucks coffee cup showed up on a table in front of Daenerys Targaryen. 

HBO issued a statement, admitting that "the latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake. Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea."  

That's not funny, HBO. People take their TV shows about witches and dragons seriously.  

On Monday, Megan Markle gave birth to a baby boy. I saw a headline that said Prince Harry and Megan Markle gave birth but I'm pretty damn sure only ONE of them pushed a baby out of her hoo-ha!  

Amy Schumer also gave birth to a baby on Monday but Megan's baby got all of the publicity which Donald Trump blamed on 'politcal correctness'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...