Monday, July 22, 2019

The Big Chill...Again?!

Well, it looks like I lost another weekend to illness.


On Friday, the shuddering chills struck again. Even crawling fully clothed under the covers of my bed did little to abate the extreme shivering I was experiencing.


This hit me a couple of weeks ago. At the time, the doctor could only ascertain that I had a virus. My wife Andrea suggested we go to urgent care but urgent care is not urgent; I had no desire to sit shivering in a waiting room for three hours just to see a doctor who would likely tell me that I have a virus and there's nothing to be done but let it run its course.


Eventually the chills did subside to be replaced by sweaty hot flashed and intense pain in my skull. Not just an ache permeating my head but specifically stabbing me below my right eye and in the back of the left side of my head.


You know how in comic books where people are under psionic assault and they react in dramatic fashion because it really, really hurts? That was how I spent my Saturday.


Sunday, the pain stabbing ebbed a bit. Instead of the point of an ice pick going into my brain, it went down to a butter knife.


So I guess that counts as getting better?


There is stuff I would rather talk about than bitch about my umpteenth round of illness. Yes, I did see the Star Trek: Picard trailer and yes, I do so want to talk about that.


But that's for later.


By the time this posts on Monday, I'm hoping the stabbing pain in my skull will be gone or at the least the weapon of choice is a Nerf bat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: The Man Who Knew Too Much

"A" is for April. And "A" is for Alfred.   As in Alfred Hitchcock. As April draws to a close, Cinema Sunday's Alfred...