Saturday, May 15, 2021

Songs For Saturday: Celebrating the Go-Gos

 


One of the great injustices in the world of music has been the consistent failure of the Go-Go's to be nominated to the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame. 

Eligible for the hall since 2006, this pioneering, chart topping all-girl band who wrote their own songs and played their own instruments with nary a dude in sight has continually not been given their due with entry into the  Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame. 

Until now. 

The Go-Go's are in, baby! 

This week's Songs For Saturday turns on spotlight on the Go-Go's.  Leading off today's play list is a song I have not posted before, "Can't Stop the World". 



Next up is a song I've posted to a previous Songs For Saturday, the latest all new collaboration by the Go-Go's, "Club Zero".  



Next up is "Get Up and Go" which I don't think I've posted here before.  


Let's wrap up with on my favorite songs by the Go-Go's. I have posted this to Songs For Saturday before but damn, I do love "Turn To You" 



And that is that for this week's Songs For Saturday.

Congratulations to the Go-Go's for getting into the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame. It's about damn time! 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready To Launch

  Andrea and I ventured forth from the Fortress of Ineptitude last week to attend the graduation of our son Dean. Dean had selected for thei...