Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Ken Levine, Blogger No More

 All good things and all that,as they say.

Yesterday marked the end of one of my favorite blogs, ...By Ken Levine which was once named   one of the BEST 25 BLOGS by TIME Magazine. 

Ken's involvement in television as a writer and director included such series as MASH, Cheers, Frasier, The Simpsons, Wings, Everybody Loves Raymond and many more.  

Before his work in television, Ken was a radio disc jockey at a variety of radio stations.

During his work in television, Ken found time for his passions of radio and baseball as a play by play announcer.

While I am not a baseball fan, it is a credit to Ken's skill as a writer that I enjoyed his baseball posts as much as I enjoyed his stories about writing for MASH or directing episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond.

His reasons for stopping his blog make sense ("What was once fun has become a chore.") but nonetheless, his wit and wisdom will be missed. 

I once shut down this blog a few years ago, a retirement that lasted about a month.  Mostly I brought it back because I missed having somewhere to say stuff, even if I am mostly saying stuff in a vacuum.  

Maybe after a month or two, Ken might miss having a place to say stuff. But for now I am accepting at face value that there will be no more ...By Ken Levine.

Not liking it but accepting it. 

Thanks for 16 years of awesome blogitude, Ken! 

This is the teddy bear Radar left behind after
his final episode of MASH, co-written by Ken Levine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...