Saturday, November 5, 2022

Songs For Saturday: Art Garfunkel


For the month of November, Songs For Saturday will feature musical selections inspired by musical  birthdays. 

On this date, November 5th in 1941, Art Garfunkel was born.

Art Garfunkel came to fame in the 1960's as one half of the pop-folk duo of Simon & Garfunkel. (I'll let you guess which half.)

By the 1970's, Simon & Garfunkel were no longer a duo as Art set off for a solo career.  

From that solo run, here is a romantic ballad, that begins softly but builds to an epic crescendo of passion and longing. Here is Art Garfunkel with "All I Know".   



Next up is another track from an Art Garfunkel solo album but this time, Art is not alone. With a little help from Paul Simon and James Taylor, here is "What A Wonderful World".  



And that is that for today's Songs For Saturday. 

Next week, I'll post some tunes from a classic rocker who was also born in the 1940's.  

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...