Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The Best Time For Sleep

My absolutely best time for getting sleep is 3:00 PM on a Saturday afternoon.  

As I work through the week, it is something I sincerely put on my schedule of things to look forward when the weekend comes.

I kept crashing on Saturday afternoons so I decided if it was going to happen, I might as make it part of the plan.

And that nap on Saturday afternoon is the deepest, most restful sleep I experience all week. I'm out for about 2 to 3 hours solid from that nap.

My absolutely worst time for getting sleep?

At night.  


Yeah, that's when every single anxiety and self doubt crawl out of the corners of my brain, screaming at me, 

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!"

When I give in to slumber for the Saturday afternoon nap, my brain murmurs "Mmmm! Blanket!" and I drift right off to sleep. 

This is posting mid-week and my to-do list for Saturday has "Nap" on it already.

I'm looking forward to that.

And I'm so glad my suffering amuses you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...