Monday, December 23, 2019

Countdown to Christmas 2


Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a little hop frog blog in a Rockettes internet!


Better not pout! Better not cry! Better not shout! I’m telling you why!

It’s another edition of COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS!!!


I say, boy! What day is this?

It’s 2 days away from Christmas Day, sir!

Well, let’s get cracking!





Today’s movie is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

My God! I love this movie! Why?

I could say it’s jam pack with funny! From the way too big Christmas tree the Griswolds bring in from the country to Clark frantically trying to figure out why the lights don't work to Uncle Eddie's completely unexpected arrive to the squirrel attack to the SWAT assault on the Griswold home, there's a lot of stuff packed into this movie.  


I could say that I empathize with coping with the stresses of family and the holiday season.

But the real reason I love National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation?

Beverly D’Angelo’s boob window!




That little cut out right below that delicate brooch?

Oh man! I just feel the Christmas spirit so powerfully in that small but enticing space above Beverly D’Angelo’s breasts.

And that, my friends, is the true meaning of Christmas. 

Today’s Christmas song involves a critter not frequently associated with the holidays, a holiday creature with peppermint stripes and pointy ol' fangs.  





Sammy the Christmas snake!
Hid in the corner of Santa's workshop!
Sammy the Christmas snake!
Bit all the elves and made all the work stop!


Really, it is very true: ain't no tellin' what a Christmas Snake'll do. 

“Sammy the Christmas Snake” captures what the season is all about, doesn't it?  


For DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL TIME, we look at Steven Moffat’s 2nd first DW Christmas special, “Last Christmas”. 

This was Steven's second time writing a Doctor's first holiday special, this time for Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor. 

If there were concerns that the 12th Doctor was too dark, too grumpy, this special lightens him up a bit by pairing up our dark garbed Time Lord with Santa Claus. 

Nick Frost is excellent as Santa as a take charge boss with an acerbic wit. Look, you're being attacked by face hugging aliens at the North Pole on Christmas Eve. Who else is going to come to your rescue? Of course it's Santa Claus! 

The alien "dream crabs" are a nasty and scary bit of business. And the ending where it looks like the Doctor may have missed decades of Clara's life is heartbreaking. It is, I think, Steven's 2nd best Christmas special. 

(The best one? We'll get to that tomorrow.)  

And to cap off this post, here is today’s comic book Christmas story. From the periphery of the Batman family, the Huntress has a short holiday adventure. 












Tomorrow is 1 day to go until Christmas Day so we have one more COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS!!!

It's Christmas Eve and we've got a lot to do. We've got a train to catch, a space ship to save and some last minute shopping with a super hero. 

Until then, remember to be good to one another.  
_______________________________

EDITOR'S NOTE: Yes, I saw Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker this weekend and yes, I have thoughts about it and no, those thoughts will have to wait.

Starting Thursday, look for a plethora of posts on Star Wars, Doomsday Clock, Superman and yes, God help me, even impeachment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...