Thursday, December 12, 2019

Work! Work! Work! Work!


Hello there!

 

Almost let Thursday get by me without a post.

 

Man, my job is keeping me busy.

 

One thing I will not do is discuss who I work for on this blog. I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You is my thing and I want to be able express myself as I want. If I talk about work here, that puts me at risk of blurring the lines between my time and what I do for a living.

 

I don’t want my blog screwing up my work and I don’t want work screwing up my blog.

 

My boss: I was reading your blog the other day and I don’t think it reflects well on our company.

 

Me: How so?

 

My boss: The company takes exception to your use of the word “motherfucker”

 

Me: Well, if someone would impeach the motherfucker, I wouldn’t have to say it so often.

 

But what, you may wonder, do I do for a living?

 

You know that job Chandler had during most of Friends?

 

Yeah, that’s my job.

 

No, I don’t know exactly what Chandler Bing did for a living either.

 

I will say that most of my co-workers has at the bottom of their list of job duties, “And other duties as assigned”.   

 

Frequently, “other duties as assigned” is at the top of my list of responsibilities.

 

Those “other duties as assigned” have really kept me busy. Last night, those “other duties as assigned” had me up at 2:00 AM.

 

I’m not complaining too much. Year end job reviews are coming up and my boss seeing emails with time stamps of 2:00 AM will look really good for my future with the company.

 

Assuming my boss doesn’t read my blog.

 

Come on, impeach the motherfucker already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...