Saturday, July 3, 2021

Songs For Saturday: A 4th Of July Playlist

 


Since tomorrow is the 4th of July, Independence Day here in the USA or what I like to call "Oosah", I'm taking Songs For Saturday on a bit of celebration of America. 

Starting things off is a peppy rendition of "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy"  by Pete Jacobs' Wartime Radio Revue.  



Since this is the anniversary of the day when  we told King George to "fuck off", I thought it appropriate to dip into the Hamilton soundtrack with Jonathan Groff  and "You'll Be Back".   


Since I plan to visit my mom's old home for the first time in over a year, I think I will drop in a song from one of her favorite all time singers, Neil Diamond. 

From the soundtrack of  The Jazz Singer, here is Neil's epic ode to the immigrant experience with "America".   



The spirit of America, the ideal of America is the fundamental right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

And speaking of happiness, nothing makes me feel more happy than...

Wait for it! 

The theme song to...

You're not going to believe this!

ANGRY BEAVERS! 



HAPPY FRICKIN' BIRTHDAY, OOSAH! 

And that is that for today's Song For Saturday.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...