Saturday, September 4, 2021

Songs For Saturday Goes Classical with Beethoven, Vivaldi and Parabel

 


Today Songs For Saturday goes classical.

Please don't flee for the exits! There's some really good music for today's post and I gotta say, the first performer on today's play list will rock your world.

I recently discovered pianist Valentina Lisitsa on You Tube and she is feaking awesome! 

Blow off the other two tracks if you must but please give Valentina as listen as she performs Beethoven's "Moonlight" Sonata, III "Presto Agitato".  



See, I did not lie. Valentina Lisitsa rocks! 

One of my all time favorite classical compositions is the Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi .

Next up on today's play list is the "Summer" section of the The Four Seasons featuring soloist Mari Silje Samuelsen. 



Next up is Pachelbel's Canon in D.  It is ubiquitous in all weddings now. It was played at Andrea and I's wedding.


Let's wrap up today's classical play list on a mellow note with this gorgeous performance by Brooklyn Duo.



Boy, Brooklyn Duo is never not good! I love everything they do.

Well, that is that for today's Songs For Saturday. 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...