Thursday, February 3, 2022

The Wordle Hurdle

 Well, fuck! Wordle got me!

Like a lot of other people, this stupid online word game has become a daily compulsion. 

Wordle is a web-based word game developed by Josh Wardle so Josh has a corner of hell reserved for him, I'm sure.

The deal is to solve the mystery of that day's 5 letter word. 

Each attempt at solving the word of the day let's you know 1 of three things:

1) which letters are NOT in the word

2) which letters are correct but not where I guessed them to be

3) which letters are correct AND where I guess them to be.

The player gets six attempts to solve the word.

On a really good day, I solve the word in 3 tries.

Mostly, I get it done in 4 or 5. 

I will sadly admit to one day when I used up all my tries and failed to get the word of the day.

That was humiliating.   

My daughter Randie and I swap our Wordle scores each day. 

It should be a fun daily challenge but mostly it's a pain in the ass and I always kick myself that I didn't solve it one less move than I did.  

And I am concerned that my daily Wordle score might be a requirement for things.

"Sir, can we see your driver's license and today's Wordle score."

 

A screenshot of a typical result  on Wordle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...