Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Yes We Have No COVID Today!

 Yes, we have no COVID today! 

And I know this because I was tested and the test came back negative.

Yes, we have no COVID today! 

So why pray tell did I get a COVID test?

Because I was coming down with a sinus infection.

I am no stranger to the sinus infection with its onset of aches, fever, chills, coughs, sore throat ad nauseum.

And if those symptoms of a sinus infection seem familiar, well they are on the same list of symptoms for COVID-19.

I tried to push through work on Tuesday but the litany of aches, fever, chills, coughs, sore throat etc etc etc  kept screaming at me that this just wasn't happening. 

I conferred with my boss who told me to get tested.

I conferred with my wife Andrea who is afraid of everything and told me to get tested.

I conferred with myself and after nearly 6 decades on this friggin' mudball, I damn well know a sinus infection when I feel it coming on but damn, even after getting both doses of the vaccine and the booster shot and never going anywhere without a mask, it would be my luck this would something else so I told myself to get tested. 

I scheduled a test with a local pharmacy for Tuesday afternoon and less than 2 hours later, I got a text that my results were... negative.

Negative? Negative is bad, right? 

I'm gonna die from COVID! 

No, negative is good and that means...

Yes, we have no COVID today! 

Wrapping up today's post is Spike Jonze with "Yes, We Have No Bananas".




No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...