Thursday, August 15, 2024

Some Changes At the Fortress

 Well I've got a big life change to report here at the Fortress of Ineptitude and it all started with an unexpected surprise last Friday night.

(Drum roll please!)

We have a BRAND NEW microwave oven!!

So Friday, Andrea and I were here at the Fortress watching the Summer Olympics when Andrea said she wanted some pop corn.  

So I placed a bag of Pop Secret in our microwave and began pouring our accompanying alcoholic beverage, Jack Daniel's Punch.  

(We do know how to party!) 

Suddenly I hear this gut wrenching ear piercing scream coming from the microwave behind me and I turn to see through the glass door bursts of electric fire! 

Our Pop Secret movie theater pop corn was a summoned demon and the interior of our microwave was the boiling cauldron of the pits of hell!!

I quickly stopped the microwave and promptly unplugged it. 

In all my years, I have never ever seen a microwave oven do that. 

It may have been a glitch or a one time thing but I'll be damned if I wanted to plug it back in and test it. 

Screw it! I'll just get a new one. 

The next day, I popped into Target and got a new Cuisinart brand microwave oven.  The reviews online were like 97% positive. 

So the Fortress of Ineptitude has a brand new chrome edged microwave in our kitchen. 

And THAT is the big change I wanted to report from here at the Fortress. 

...

Oh yeah! Our son Dean popped in Friday night to tell us he's engaged.  

So I guess that's a big change too, now that I think about it.

We're proud of you, son! 

...

But I gotta tell ya, that is a nice looking microwave oven...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Doctor Who "I'll Explain Later"

It's been a minute since I've posted some Doctor Who content. Your Friday Video Link is a compilation of the Doctor's favorite ...