Sunday, September 8, 2024

The Sushi Train

Yesterday's post about seeing Deadpool & Wolverine was not just an excursion for me and my son Dean.  Also accompanying us was Aspen, Dean's future spouse and Janna, weird other future spouse who came with the apartment. 

By the way the line above was taken from Big Bang Theory where Penny and Leonard got married and Sheldon was standing up there with them and Bernadette who was officiating said "I now pronounce you husband and wife and weird other husband who came with the apartment."   

I like Janna.  We have TV shows in common. We've both watched Doom Patrol and The Boys.  I wished we had more time to compare notes.  

And anyone with the patience to put up with Dean and anyone crazy enough to marry him has my respect and admiration. 

Before going to see Deadpool & Wolverine, we had lunch at a place called  Rockin' Rolls Sushi Express located.... somewhere in Raleigh? Look, I just followed the GPS and hoped for the best. 

Navigating Raleigh is hard! 



This is my second visit in a row with Dean & Friends that has taken me out for Japanese food.  

What's up with that?  

So here's the deal with Rockin' Rolls Sushi Express. 

A conveyor belt snakes around the restaurant  bearing saucers with various individual food items, vegetables, desserts and, of course, sushi.  As this "sushi train" passes by, you grab whatever item you want. 



From the table, there's a computer screen you can order entrees and appetizers that are brought to the table.  



One fun thing to do is as you eat from the sushi train is to build a tower of saucers. Apparently it's something the restaurant actually encourages. Aspen got their tower up to 13 I think.  



By the way, all these photos are from from the Rockin' Rolls Sushi Express website. Dummy that I am, I didn't think to take pictures of the experience.

I have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed by the experience but I think I would enjoy it if I did it again, making smarter choices and more of them.  Rockin' Rolls Sushi Express is all you can eat and I do not think I ate as much as I could have.  Another dummy move on my part, I had breakfast before I headed to Raleigh.  

Best go as hungry as you can be because damn this place was expensive. It caught Dean off guard too.  He had been before but on a weekday when it was cheaper, not realizing weekend rates would be higher.  

Below is a photo of the sushi train.   




Below is a video posted from a few years back of a family's visit to Rockin' Rolls Sushi Express.   




After stuffing ourselves with Japanese cuisine, the 4 of us headed out to see Deadpool & Wolverine with hacking and slashing with blood and body parts and stuff.

A good time was had by all.   

Thank you to Dean, Aspen and Janna for a fun afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Doctor Who "I'll Explain Later"

It's been a minute since I've posted some Doctor Who content. Your Friday Video Link is a compilation of the Doctor's favorite ...