"Find out who you are and do it on purpose."
OK, this one hit hard folks.
Dolly Parton passed away yesterday at the age of 80.
Below is a video posted by Bryan Seaver speaking on behalf of his family on the passing of his Aunt Dolly.
"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one."
I was impressed by her talent as a singer and a songwriter.
And I was an avid fan of Dolly Parton the person. A kind and generous soul who greeted the world with a smile and embraced everyone with love and compassion.
She had a wonderful sense of humor about herself and was a fantastic storyteller.
"I'm not offended by dumb blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not a blonde."
Here is a clip of her appearing on The Late Show With David Letterman in 2010, being so gracious and charming as only Dolly could be.
“If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.”
Dolly's success in life as an entertainer, entrepreneur and philanthropist did not come without pain. Her childhood was a harsh hardscrabble life of poverty in the Tennessee mountains but she rose above those obstacles with determination and positivity.
“People say how you stay looking so young? I say, well, good lighting, good doctors, and good makeup.”
Here is another appearance on Letterman with Dolly performing with Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstadt.
“It’s a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I’d be a drag queen.”
There's a wonderful story of how Dolly Parton once entered a drag queen contest dressed as "Dolly Parton". She didn't win.
Dolly was a woman who was devout in her Christian faith but she did not abide by those who professed to be Christian who sat in judgement of people being who they were.
Dolly was a kind and supportive ally of the LGBTQ+ community.
Dolly Parton took it to heart that Christ wanted us to love everybody.
Dolly Parton was the embodiment of joy and love and an inspiration to the world.
And we will miss her so very much.
“Cause I am strong and I can prove it
And I got my dreams to see me through
It's just a mountain, I can move it
And with faith enough there's nothing I can't do
And I can see the light of a clear blue morning
And I can see the light of brand new day
I can see the light of a clear blue morning
And everything's gonna be all right
It's gonna be okay
[lyrics from "Light of a Clear Blue Morning"]
No comments:
Post a Comment