Monday, August 31, 2026

A Good Man And A Great American Leader

Well damn it, it's Monday again and that means it's time for the blog's weekly look at this royally fucked up world and the principal reason it is so royally fucked up.

Because once again we must address the sickening reality that 
Donald Trump is a lying, petulant, bullying, unintelligent, sociopathic, dishonorable, treasonous, gutless, moronic, heartless, soulless, slimy, loathsome, vile, incompetent, psychotic, crooked, disgusting, reprehensible, revolting, horrible, malicious, obnoxious, hateful, narcissistic, small-minded, despicable god damn, motherfucking piece of shit.  

And it's THIS guy who's in charge?!?!  

Fuck! 

Fuckity fuck fuck!!

FUCK!!!

I hate Mondays!!! 



What I have is a bad case of waking up in a world of the perpetually and dangerously absurd.

Everyday der Führer does something so blatantly stupid, immoral, criminal, cowardly, disrespectful and contemptuous.

And everyday I live in a world with people who do not see this.

What is wrong with these people? 

There are some who would suggest we should try to understand these people, their perspectives, their values, etc etc.

My assessment of these people is more blunt and admittedly less empathetic: these people are STUPID

Over in Baltimore MD, writer James Cecil is trying to be a more understanding person than I am.  

James Cecil wrote a piece about dealing with MAGA Trump cultists.    

He writes of a relative who put her devotion to Trump over family, posting on Facebook "Trump’s a good man and a great American leader!”  Then she unfriended James.  

James writes of a woman "who makes the best crab cakes in Maryland, which is a real claim. She also believes the election was stolen, which is not. I fix her screen door anyway."

James notes of his relationships with friends and family who have cast their lot in fealty to one man.  "Nothing visible has changed. Everything that matters has."

I'm not sure that statement is completely true.  

Everything that matters is so terribly visible if you ask me.  

There was a time I may have suspected the politics of others did not necessarily align with mine. But I did not know. Which was OK with me.  

It was possible for me to believe people with different political affiliations were still good people at heart. 

But when that political affiliation is in deference to a reprehensible man and his culture of hate, fear and anger, it's difficult to square that circle.   

And people aren't shy about expressing their political affiliation with the reprehensible man.

I had a friend at work who I suspected of some extreme cultural and political reviews. But it never got in the way of our work. We would collaborate on special projects and genuinely enjoyed each other's company.

After he left the firm where we worked, he posted on Facebook that Donald Trump was an agent of God and doing divine work to save America,

I generally had understood him to be a rather intelligent sensible person and might have worried he was having some kind of episode and may need some kind of intervention.

But I realized that with Donald Trump in the White House, my earstwhile friend was showing me who he really was, a reality I had been willing to turn a blind eye to before.

What I suspected but was able to overlook was now known and I could not.  

I unfriended him.  

I haven't been home in years to see my family in my old home town because I know what I would be putting up with.  I know their politics and their "religion".

Even as Donald Trump burns down the world with a war he started with no provocation and with no clear strategy for victory, even as America crumbles under an economy riddled with inflation and a declining job market, as the rich become richer and the middle class falls closer to the poverty line, his devotees remain loyal.  

Only Donald Trump is their salvation and their retribution against all that is woke, those would would drag their children down to the school nurse to forcibly have their genders changed or the whores burning through abortions while they're in labor and some other third untrue outrageous thing.




As long as their beloved "good man and great leader" is protecting them from all that, who cares what else he's up to.

Like Li'l Donnie getting into a trade war with a longtime friend and ally.

In the aftermath of trade talks with Canada falling apart, Donald Trump chose to take revenge on Canada by renaming Lake Ontario to Lake America.  

As I watched him sit at his desk, mumbling and slurring his words like a dementia addled mob boss, "All it takes is a good pen and some intelligence", drawing a line through "Lake Ontario" on a map and writing in "Lake America", all I could see and hear is a whiny little ignorant bitch! 

And I was frustrated by the knowledge that someone else seeing this same pathetic display came away with the conclusion that "Trump’s a good man and a great American leader!”  

NO! He is NOT!  Can you not SEE?

A good man and a great leader would not be sitting at a desk with a Sharpie playing childish games with a goddam map! 

By the way, what got us to the absurd point? Trade negotiations with Canada got blindsided by some last minute demands. 

Prime Minister Mark Carney was all "fuck this shit" and ordered Canada's trade team to walk away.  

Here are the key demands the United States made of Canada.


So the United States demanded the right to approve or veto any trade agreements Canada might make with another country.

The United States was all "we ain't gonna speak no French" even though Canada's Quebec province speaks French. 

Whatever the fuck this has to do with trade but the United States wanted to include control over Canada's military spending? 

Canada can't sell it's energy to whoever Canada wants but must sell it to the U.S. first?

This is not a trade negotiation between two nations.  This is a capitulation, a surrender of Canadian sovereignty to the United States.  This is a step closer to making Li'l Donnie's dream of Canada being our 51st state come true.

Trade negotiations fell apart to appease Trump's delusions of power and superiority over our neighbor.  

Of course Canada would not be on board with any of that.

Of course Canada said no.

And Donald Trump does what he always does when someone has the temerity to say "no" to him: he threw a temper tantrum like a goddam toddler and slapped 50% tarrifs on Canadian goods (which only hurts the Americans who buy their stuff) and scrawled on a map to make Lake Ontario into Lake America.

A good man? A great leader? How can ANYONE look at this debacle of incompetence and hubris and think that?

Because he will occasionally waddle his way to a microphone (with Natalie Harp scampering behind him) with some nonsense about fighting a WOKE DEI agenda, about protecting his base of supporters from transgenders, immigrants, communists and whatever else he decides is a threat to "real" Americans.

"Real" as defined as white, straight, Christian,  Republican and male.  

Yes, I included "male" on that list. The utter contempt Trump and his cohorts like Peter Hegseth have for women is unfiltered and on constant display. Which doesn't stop James Cecil's female relative from declaring "Trump’s a good man and a great American leader!”   

He shows his utter contempt for things that are important to Americans.
  • The price of food.
  • The price of gas.
  • The price of healthcare.
Remember his own words on the problems of inflation.


Donald Trump. Does. Not. Care.

Hey, he's getting rich! Fuck anyone else who is not.

And the people who are being fucked over the worst by der Führer's callous disregard, his utter stupidity and his complete incompetence still insist "Trump’s a good man and a great American leader!” 

James Cecil in Baltimore MD may be trying to understand and hold out hope for the redemption of family and friends lost to this goddam narcissistic buffoon.

I have lost all hope because I think I do understand.

Even if we somehow break the inexplicable spell Trump has over them, they have shown us who they really are.

And I can't forget that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Blue Skies and Jeopardy Masters

  I'm going to start today's post about a show: With a police officer. Whose partner is a dog. Now you're thinking that sound li...