Sunday, August 16, 2026

Star Trekking In Black & White

 


Much like the mythology of Spider-Man did with Spider-NoirStar Trek: Strange New Worlds ventures forth into a black and white world of light and shadow in "A Case of Chiaoscuro".

I gotta say that Rebecca Romijn certainly brings that film noir femme fatale smolder in classic film black and white.


By the time this posts, I expect I will have actually seen "A Case of Chiaoscuro" to find out what the heck is going on, why is everything in black and white?

Is film noir Pike's hair even taller in black and white?


As I am writing this, I have not seen the episode. Sorry but I'm still in recovery mode from the circumstances that caused this blog to go on a week long hiatus. (I'll cover that ground in a few days.) 

More film noir goodness with Una Chin-Riley, Uhura and M'Benga.


For a splash of color, here is the poster for a film called Femme Fatale (2202) which starred Rebecca Romijn and was by all accounts not very good. 


OK, so sorry for cheating out on the weekly Star Trek post again. 

I hope to get back to regular writing on this fershlugginer blog.

Live long and prosper, y'all!  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, one more thing. I snapped this photo in a local Wal-Mart parking lot recently,  


An NCC 1701 registery and a Starfleet command sticker? I may be wrong but I think this jeep might belong to a Star Trek fan.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UPDATE: I have in fact now seen "A Case of Chiaoscuro" and I enjoyed it quite a lot.  

So did Keith DeCandido and you can read about it here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Star Trekking In Black & White

  Much like the mythology of Spider-Man did with Spider-No i r ,  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds  ventures forth into a black and white world...