Thursday, August 17, 2017

Disney Minnie Vans






It's been 8 months since the family was last at the Disney World Resorts. But when I heard about this development, I felt compelled to comment upon it. 


In the photo above are Minnie Vans. Like mini-vans but done up to look like Minnie Mouse. Get it? 


Anyway, Disney’s new Minnie Van Service is operated through Lyft and was introduced in July for guests at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk Resorts> It's now expanding to for use by guests in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Cooper Creek Villas and Cabins, and Boulder Ridge Cabins at the Wilderness Lodge.


It is a paid service but the buzz on this service is very positive.  




Minnie Vans driven by Disney cast members will then whisk you away to wherever you want to be at Walt Disney World Resort. Each van accommodates up to six guests and provides two car seats.


I have to say if Minnie Vans had been available to me in my previous stays at Disney, I think I would've ponied up the extra bucks for the privilege.


Because... buses, man.


Disney's buses are clean and efficient. But leaving a park and getting back to a resort, a Disney bus can be a ride in Dante's Inferno.  When its time to clear out the parks and get guests back to the resorts, those bus drivers will make sure every inch of that bus is packed.


DRIVER: Move on back! Move further back!
PASSENGERS: Mrphmblmprh!
DRIVER: We can get another couple of people in there! Move on back!
PASSENGERS: Mrphmblmprh!


You wind up getting close to people. 


ME: That's a nice tattoo.
PASSENGER: How can you see my tattoo from that angle?
ME: I can feel it!


I mean getting very, very, very close to people.  


ME: Er, sorry about getting you pregnant.
PASSENGER: If it's a boy, I'll name him after you.
ME: Thanks!


Yes, a Disney bus a park closing time can get really tight. 


So a Minnie Van sounds like a good idea. Except instead of 300 people shoved into a 50 person bus, the exit roads are chocked with a thousand Minnie Vans. 
____________________________________


Yesrterday's blog post was also Disney themed, about the debut of the revived Duck tales ("Woo-oo!"). I noted a line from the theme song and asked what competing cartoons was this line referring to:


Not pony tails or cotton tails


The answer: My Little Pony and Tiny Toon Adventures featuring Babs & Buster Bunny.


Thanks for playing along.


Until next time, remember to be good to one another.  


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...