Friday, August 18, 2017

Operation Day

Well, today is the day.

The day of my operation. 

After today, I will finally be the woman I was always meant to be. 

Uh oh. 



No! I'm getting my left arm worked on.AS I recounted earlier this year, I had a stroke which precipitated a nasty fall that shattered my elbow.

The cause of the stroke remains a mystery despites various efforts by my neurologist to look for clues. A scan of my brain revealed it was normal which quite frankly, I still find that insulting.

As for the arm, an operation and months of physical therapy restored most of my strength and function but not all. There is a bone mass that developed that serves as a bit of a door stop on my arm, limiting motion.

So this operation is going to fix that. Open it up, cut it out, close it up and drop kick me to the curb. I may in fact not have to get out of the car. 

The simplicity of the intended procedure worries me. The last surgery was to fix a shattered elbow. Any improvement would have been welcome. But this....

I've almost become used to having a limited arm. I've grown accustomed to not putting pills or shampoo in my left hand. So why am I doing this? What if it doesn't work? 

Anyway, I've got a couple of posts in the chute ready to go including (of course) a Doctor Who one for tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be up to speed to in a few days to post about my latest medical adventure for 2017. 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...