Friday, March 18, 2022

FLASHBACK FRIDAY: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yesterday was St, Patrick's Day. Well, a day late and dollar short, today's Flashback Friday wobbles way back in time to Sunday, March 17, 2013 for the first every St. Patrick's Day post ever on I'm So Glad My Sufferings Amuses You.


It's not an especially good  St. Patrick's Day post but it was first! 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Posted to my Twitter (https://twitter.com/DayWayLo) around Noon DST on March 17, 2013:


1.     #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: It's been St. Patrick's Day here for 12 hours & I haven't had one beer! NOT ONE BEER!

2.     #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: I don't have any corn beef and cabbage in the house!! (Why did I let the holiday slip up on me?)

3.     #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: I haven't decorated the holiday shamrock!

4.     #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: I haven't wrapped the St Patrick's Day presents and OMG! I'm out of green foil wrapping paper!

5.     #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: why are no radio stations playing Irish jigs?

6.     #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: Why isn't TBS running a 24 hour marathon of The Matchmaker with #JaneaneGarofalo?

7.     #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: you would think PBS would run Riverdance!

8.     #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: WHERE THE HELL IS THE BEER?!?!

9.       #HappyStPatricksDay but I'm stressed out: I need to dye my hair red! No, green! No, red! Green! Red! Green! Arrrgghh!

10.  #HappyStPatricksDay & I'm stressed out but I'm going to work out that stress by getting into a fight with someone. Aye, I feel better already!
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
Here's hopin' you have a safe 'n' happy day o' wearin' o' the green......
 
 

 
See, Hal and Ollie have gotten into the spirit of St. Patrick's Day!
 
And speaking of "green" and "Patrick"
 
Yeah, I don't know if this is exactly what it means to "get your Irish up" but it works for me.
 
Later!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...