Thursday, March 17, 2022

Sweet Dreams and What They Are Made Of

So Andrea and I were watching Wheel of Fortune Tuesday because we're an old married couple and that's what you do.

Anyway, the category was "Music Lyrics"  and the puzzle was just missing a few letters, clearly forming the title of that classic 1980's tune by the Eurythmics, "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)".  

What wasn't missing were any letters from that last word, "This".

So contest Chris Bryant declares, "I would like to solve the puzzle, Pat." 

And he proceeds to say, "Sweet dreams are made of these."   

I'm thinking what the fuck is up with Chris. It clearly says "THIS".

Andrea was more sympathetic, insisting she always thought the lyrics were "Sweet dreams are made of these."  

Well, I disagreed.

1) Look up the song anywhere, everywhere and it's called "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)".  

2) It sounds like to me singer Annie Lennox is saying "this".

3) The damn word on the damn board is "THIS". Even if you think the word is "THESE". the damn word on the damn board is "THIS". 

Others disagree with my assessment. 

Twitter was flooded with shocked viewers who thought Chris Bryant was right.

"Shocked viewers" is another way of saying "stupid people".  

Why?

The damn word on the damn board is "THIS". 

As Pat Sajak is always reminding people, read what's up there. Don't add shit! 

The damn word on the damn board is "THIS". 

Chris did redeem himself by winning $26,405 in cash and prizes and advancing to the bonus round.  

Let's finish off this post with the Eurythmics and "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)".  I know some posters on Twitter insist it sounds like she's singing "these" but I'll be damned it sounds like "this" to me".  


But even if you hear it differently, I can't stress this enough.

The damn word on the damn board is "THIS".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...