Thursday, June 16, 2022

Doctor Who: This Guest Star Is Legen (Wait For It!) Dary!

 While there is still one more Doctor Who episode to go in the Jodie Whittaker/Chris Chibnall era, all the excitement and attention is focused on what comes after, the return of Russell T Davies as head writer and showrunner and next year's 60th anniversary epic.

The latest news to come out of the RTD Doctor Who shop is that none other than Neil Patrick Harris is joining the cast.

And this is what he's gonna look like. 



I'm getting a Derek Jacobi as the Master vibe from this. 

NPH as the Master? Well, why not?

Actually, the most prevalent theory online is the Neil is going to be a classic antagonist not seen since the William Hartnell era, the Celestial Toymaker! 

How crazy is that?  

Here's Russell's comment on this casting news: 

“Neil Patrick Harris, welcome to Cardiff! Playing the greatest enemy the Doctor has ever faced. Such a great actor, such a great man, it’s an honour and a hoot. Have fun.”

Here's what Neil had to say on this revelation: 

“My current gig. Never looked more dashing!  Thank you for inviting me into your Whoniverse, @russelltdavies63 . I’ll try my hardest to do my worst. This Doctor has no idea what’s in store. And even if he does… Who cares? Ha ha ha HA ha-ha-ha!”

Neil Patrick Harris on Doctor Who?!?! 

I can't frickin' wait!

And we have had more reports of David Tennant and Catherine Tate on set so whatever's up with those two ain't done yet. 

I'll say it again: I can't frickin' wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...