Saturday, June 4, 2022

Songs For Saturday: Rush, R.E.M. and Roxy Music



After missing a week, we're back with Songs For Saturday, my regular forum on this blog to share music I like.

This week's theme? Bands that begin with the letter "R".

First up on the play list is "Time Stands Still" by the Canadian super group Rush.



Time does not stand still. I write a bunch of blog posts and I think I'm done for awhile and BAM! I gotta write more.

Next up is R.E.M.  with "What's The Frequency, Kenneth?"   


Interesting back story behind the title of that song. Former CBS news anchor Dan Rather was mugged on the streets of New York by a crazy person who kept repeating the same question over and over as the man physically assaulted Rather: "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"   "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"  "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"  

OK, let's end today's play list on a mellow note with "Avalon" by Roxy Music.    


And that's a wrap for this week's Songs For Saturday.

Thanks for listening, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...