Saturday, June 3, 2023

Songs For Saturday: Johnny Mathis, B-52s and They Might Be Giants


Today is my wife Andrea's birthday. So for today's Songs For Saturday is dedicated to her.

Andrea is a big fan of classic music from the 1950's and 1960's. One of the most talented crooners of that era was Johnny Mathis. If Andrea and I ever had a song, it was this one: "The Twelfth of Never".   




When Andrea and I first started dated, I got her the CD of Cosmic Thing by the B-52s and damned if we almost didn't wear that thing out on road trips.  This is the record that included "Love Shack" and "Roan" but for today's play list, I chose "Topaz".


Another CD we played a lot in those younger "not married with children" days was "Flood" by They Might Be Giants. A song from that CD was "Particle Man".  The clip used in today's play list is from an episode of Tiny Toon Adventures which despite us being alleged grown ass young adult people, we used to watch. 


Happy birthday, Andrea! Love you, mean it! 

And that is that for this week's Songs For Saturday.

Tomorrow's Cinema Sunday post is inspired by Andrea as we look at one of her favorite movie musicals.  

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...