Saturday, June 19, 2021

Songs For Saturday: Steely Dan, Shirley Ellis and Elvis Presley

 



Hi there and welcome to another edition of Songs For Saturday, my weekly forum where I share songs I Iike.

Today we revisit a theme I've done before, "As Heard On TV".

First up is a classic tune by Steely Dan that has been put to work in promos for James Gunn's forthcoming movie for DC, The Suicide Squad. Here is "Dirty Work" by Steely Dan



Next up is a song that gained notoriety in commercials for the Galaxy Z Fold2 and Flip phone.  Here is Shirley Ellis with "I See It, I Like It, I Want It".     



"A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Presley has been used for a lot of commercials; just last year it was a part of a Toyota TV as.  Here is the King himself, Elvis, with  "A Little Less Conversation".    


And that is that for today's Songs For Saturday.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...