Thursday, December 1, 2022

Christine McVie

This past weekend's Songs For Saturday featured the music of Fleetwood Mac to celebrate the birthday of founding member John McVie.

Today's post will feature some more music of Fleetwood Mac but for a much sadder occasion. 

Under the heading of "I'm too damn old and the wrong people keep dying", yesterday it was announced Christine McVie had died at age 79.  

Born Christine Anne Perfect on July 12, 1943, the British singer-songwriter was responsible for some of Fleetwood Mac’s biggest hits, including “You Make Loving Fun,” “Don’t Stop,” “Say You Love Me,” and “Songbird.”


"Songbird" is a hauntingly beautiful song and one my favorite tracks from the Rumours album.   

While Lindsey Buckingham and Steve Nicks pulled a lot of focus within the band, Fleetwood Mac was always solid and delightful with Christine McVie behind the mike. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...