Thursday, December 22, 2022

Christmas Is Coming

So Christmas is coming in about 3 days.

By this point, I have wrapped presents for my wife Andrea.

Some of them. As I write this, I have anxiously awaiting delivery of some more of her presents.  

As you read this, I have hopefully received them and wrapped them as well.

By the way, what about my daughter Randie? To be honest, Andrea takes the point on that. I am as equally surprised as Randie is on Christmas morning by her Christmas presents. 

Let me talk about gift wrapping. 

Here is my steps for gifts:

  1. Buy shit
  2. Put shit in a box 
  3. Put some paper around the box.
  4. Apply enough tape to keep paper from falling off the box.

Done! 

Is my gift wrapping pretty? Is it neat?

Hell no! 

Does it look like the work of a very deranged and overly stressed out elf who is going to cut a bitch if he hears "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" one more god damn time? 

Hell yeah!

So Christmas is coming and I may or may not be ready.

But Christmas comes anyway.


Be good to one another and try not stress out. 

Let's help out with that stress a bit.

Here's "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" with Josh Turner and his band and featuring vocals by  The Ladybugs.


Thanks to Mark Evanier for recommending this clip.

Tomorrow's post is Your Friday Video Link with a beautiful yuletide tale told by Peter Capaldi.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...